Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Phoenix Has Risen from the Ashes (and Speaking of Ashes, What Happened to My Cake?)


Hello! I'm back. Yes, I've been blessed with a new jolt of creativity, and for now, the blog is up and running once more. However, I have decided to venture beyond the boundaries of Moroccan cuisine, and take on the whole wide world of cooking (at least the food that I like.)

I am currently in love with Mollie Katzen's "Moosewood Cookbook", a wonderful tome featuring vegetarian recipes. I have one of the more recent versions. Tonight I decided that I would attempt to make her Cardamom Coffee Cake for my students tomorrow. (They're the only ones who appreciate my cooking anyhow.)

Much to my annoyance, however, the cake overflowed from the pan while baking, resulting in an unpleasant burned aroma throughout the kitchen, and causing me to panic with thoughts of what the final product might turn out to be like. (Hey, my reputation as a good cook is on the line here; wouldn't you be concerned?!?)

As I type this, the cake is reposing in splendor (or not) in the now cool oven. Do I dare to take a peek?

Tune in for an update on the horrified reactions of my students as they taste the first blackened bite...if it turns out O.K., recipe will be forthcoming...

By the way, if you have any recipe requests, please let me know!

No comments: